Geocoding is the process of creating geographic representations (usually points) from descriptions of locations (typically addresses, coordinates, zipcodes ...) in a table.
- Define geocoding
- List the 3 required elements to perform geocoding in ArcGIS
- What is reference data?
- Geocode addresses in ArcGIS
TERMS TO KNOW
- address match
- reference data
- address locator
Plus the links in the Active Learning Exercise to the online help
ACTIVE LEARNING EXERCISE
- What are several reasons an address may not match during the geocoding process?
- What is reference data and list a couple types
- What is geocoding
- What is an address locator
- How does composite geocoding work?