Monday, December 13, 2010
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Test 1 next week -
The test format will be multiple choice, true/false, and discussion. It will cover Chapters 1and 3 in the book, working with CAD data and anything else we have covered so far this semester.
Friday, May 7, 2010
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Test 2 Review
- Describe in detail the 3 types of geodatabases
- Describe the geodatabase and it's major components
- What is SDE?
- Define domains. Describe both types and what fields they may be applied to.
- Describe subtypes. Why use them?
- What is a relationship class and what differentiates them from build relationships between tables in ArcMap.
- Compare and contrast raster datasets and raster catalogs.
- What is a feature class?
- What is an object class?
- What is a feature dataset? Describe 2 reasons we may use them.
- What is topology, in general?
- Why is topology important?
- Compare and contrast map topology and geodatabase topology. IN DEPTH
- Describe coincidence and clucster tolerance.
- Explain how topology helps with analysis and data integrit.
- Define ranks in a topology
- Describe several topology rules
- Describe topology validation
- List several types of topology errors.
- Describe the steps to designing a geodatabase
- Describe why geodatabase design is important
- How can existing data models help your design?