- Define topology
- Describe map topology
- Describe geodatabase topology
- Describe coincidence
- Explain how topology helps with analysis and data integrity
- Define cluster tolerance
- Define ranks in a topology
- List several topology rules
- Describe topology validation
- List several types of topology errors
- Discuss 2 ways topology errors may be fixed.
- map topology
- geodatabase topology
- topology errors
- data integrity
- cluster tolerance
In ArcGIS there are 2 types of topology.
- Map Topology: Available at the ArcView license. Used during an edit session to ensure coincident features maintain coincidence while editing.
- Geodatabase Topology: Available only with ArcEditor and ArcInfo licenses. Powerful rule based topology that help with data validation.
Working with Geodatabase Topology - ESRI LIVE Training Seminar (recorded at an earlier date)
ACTIVE LEARNING EXERCISE